Lean Phase 1: Day 1-3
Insulin lowering phase
Macros: 60% Fat 25% Protein 15% Carbohydrate
- Eat within an hour of waking.
- No fruit is allowed during the LEAN ONE phase except lemons and limes
Foods Allowed in Unlimited Quantities:
All leafy greens such as: spinach, watercress, collard, kale, lettuce, sprouts and celery
Green vegetables: zucchini, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, swiss chard, cabbage, cucumbers, green beans, snow peas, and okra
White vegetables: cauliflower and all mushrooms are allowed
Not Allowed: potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots (don’t stress about slivers of carrot that show up in a salad), pumpkin (except in your protein power), turnip, and yam.
Limit Quantities: (2 cups per day) green peppers, sweet peppers, tomatoes, onions, and eggplant
- Portions sizes are 4 ounces uncooked meat and 6 ounces for fish
- Grass-fed beef
- Organic or antibiotic-free chicken thighs
- Pork Tenderloin
- Ground Turkey
- Organic Turkey sausage (unsweetened)
- Beef Jerky (nitrate-free, sugar-free, gluten-free)
- Beef Filet
- Beef Stew Meat
- Strip Steak
- Buffalo Jerky (nitrate-free, sugar-free, gluten-free)
- Buffalo Meat
- Corned beef (nitrate-free)
- Salmon (wild-caught is best)
- All White Fish
- Turkey Bacon (nitrate-free and no nitrates added)
- Egg Whites (3 per serving)
- Whole Eggs – 2
- *Organic deli turkey/chicken meat (nitrate-free and no nitrates added)
Limit grouper, salmon, and sea bass to once a week.
*Use if other options are not available.
- Avocado (½ per serving)
- Nuts and seeds. (limit 1/2 cup per day)
- Chia, flax, and hemp (unlimited)
- Olives (limit to 20 per day)
- Olive oil, ghee, butter, coconut oil, mct oil for a smoothie (one tablespoon is a serving)
- Mayonnaise (made with approved fats and no sugar.)
Oils Not Allowed:
Safflower, sunflower, soybean, corn, cottonseed, and peanut
Organic sesame 1 tsp
Stevia, Erythritol/monk fruit combo.
Sweeteners Not Allowed:
No sugar, honey, maple syrup, fructose, agave, date syrup, coconut sugar, aspartame, sucralose, ace-K, or other artificial sweetners.
Herbs and Spices Unlimited:
Salt is essential in this phase of the diet because electrolyte loss is high when you sweat in your workouts. It is vital to use high-quality salt because trace minerals are essential for your body.
Redmond Real Salt https://amzn.to/3JikIG9
Lemons and limes (limit to 2 a day)
- Herbal tea
- Sparkling water (flavored is allowed) Lemons and limes are great in sparkling water.
- Decaffeinated organic coffee
- White tea (1 cup per day)
- Coconut water (1/2 cup per day)
- Zico 100% Coconut Water Drink https://amzn.to/3sC5EgQ
The evening of DAY 3 begins a fasting period. Finish all food by 8:00 PM on DAY 3. You will only fast one day a week.